Knowledgebase: NAS Management
Why HDD show frozen under ATA security page?
Posted by Yvon Lei on 25 April 2018 17:01
Why HDD show frozen under ATA security page?|
The ATA security from BIOS, under some condition would "frozen" issue, but you don't need to do anything and system is work as well, thus we could ignore this issue. If you still concern this item, please ensure this HDD doesn't belong to any RAID or JBOD volume and doing the 2nd action as the description show on the Disk Security page:
1. It is strongly recommend that you back up your encrypted password to another location because if the password is lost your data will be irretrievable.
2. If disk was frozen, please hot-plug it.
3. After erasing disk, Disk Security will be disabled.
4. If disk is in use (such as RAID, disk clone, etc.), Disk Security can not be enabled.
5. It may take a while to erase the disk, please wait.