Posted by - NA -, Last modified by on 02 February 2009 18:56
About ZFS, you may also refer to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZFS
- ZFS does not support NFS
- When share folders created on ZFS RAID, NFS button in admin Web UI will be grayed out. [Storage > Folder]
- NFS clients could not showmount the share folders created on ZFS RAID.
- ZFS does not support AFP
- Mac computers could not find the share folders created on ZFS RAID even if the AFP service had been enabled from the NAS. In case the NAS just has ZFS RAID, Mac computers will fail to connect to the NAS.
- ZFS does not support FTP
- When FTP user login into the NAS, all folders created on ZFS RAID are invisible and inaccessible.
- ZFS does not support ACL folder when doing Nsync in FTP mode
- When doing Nsync in "Legacy FTP Server" mode, the Nsync folder on Target NAS is inaccessible, so the Nsync task always fails.
- ZFS does not support ACL folder when using Webdisk
- When using Webdisk service, ACL folders are not appeared, only public folders can be listed.
- ZFS does not need file system check
- Only one ZFS RAID is allowed in the NAS